Cámbrico Rufete Granito
Our most special wine is made with grapes from El Pocito in Villanueva del Conde, on a steeply sloping terraced hillside with granitic soil and abundant quartz at an altitude of 700 to 800 m . The vineyard was replanted in 1902, so most of the vines from which this wine is made date back to that year.
95 Atkin Points
93 Peñin Points
92 Decanter Points
Type of grape
Current vintage: 2014. Very early spring, which meant that the cycle started a fortnight earlier than in a normal year.
At the beginning of budding (fertilisation), a cold and rainy front came in, which caused two periods of budding ten days apart, and this is carried over to ripening.
The cooler than normal summer makes the whole cycle longer. At the end of August temperatures rise sharply and the end of ripening is accelerated. All in all, it was a very fresh vintage, with good acidity and very aromatic fermentations.
Delicate, original Rufete, with a wide range of aromas of red fruits, morello cherries, undergrowth, eucalyptus. Very mineral and complex, elegant, fresh. A wine with good ageing potential.
- Harvest in 10 kg boxes with selection of clusters in the vineyard.
- Manual selection of grapes.
- Fermentation in steel tanks with indigenous yeasts.
- Must and wine are always moved by gravity.
- Malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels.
- Aged in 300 and 500 litre French oak for 15 months.
- Wine always moves by gravity.